Jun 2, 2020 | Salon News
Dean of Shadyside Salon is reopening on Friday, June 5. Below are our safety guidelines:
- Clients and employees who show flu-like symptoms will be required to stay home until they are symptom-free.
- We will not be accepting sick clients.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with is sick within 24 hours of your appointment, please cancel immediately. We will help you reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Enter the salon from the front door Centre Avenue only.
- Exit the salon from the rear door.
- Face masks are required on all staff and clients while in the salon.
- Wash hands in the restroom or use hand sanitizer when entering the salon for all staff and clients.
- Hands free temperature checks will be administered to everyone who enters the salon.
- For everyone’s protection, employees and clients will be expected to wear a mask and practice safe social distancing.
- Check in at the front desk, where you will obtain the safety guidelines.
- Our salon is well-stocked with disinfectants, sanitizers and cleaning supplies. · We are following a rigorous cleaning schedule to ensure all stations, high-touch surfaces, towels, capes and products are disinfected on a regular basis. · Animals are prohibited with in the salon unless they are a Registered Service animal.
- Please do not bring anyone with you who does not have an appointment. If you need to bring someone for assistance they will be asked to wait in the car during your treatment.
- Please do not bring in magazines, newspapers, outside food or drink into the salon.
- You will only receive the services you were scheduled for. We will not be able to add on additional services once you are in the chair unless there is an open appointment.
- You are required to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time to review safety requirements.
- We require a 24-hour cancelation notice.
- Extensive services (perms, relaxers, smoothers) require specific days and times please enquire when booking these services.
- Dressing rooms will not be available and you will not have the option to remove your garment. Please wear appropriate clothing to receive your hair cut and hair color. We will not be responsible for any damage to your clothing due to hair color.
- Sterilized protective gowns will be available as well as protective capes to receive your service.
- If you are looking to change your hair color or a new haircut and style, please research before your appointment this will help our stylist to maintain their schedule
- Hot tools will be limited. They are only permitted if it is necessary for the health and beauty of the hair.
- Allow our staff to help you with retail items and such.
- Our equipment will be wiped down after each user.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Dean of Shadyside Salon. We look forward to providing you with excellent service and taking care of the health and beauty of your hair.
Jun 1, 2020 | Salon News
We reopen this Friday, June 5! Give us a call at 412-621-7900 to schedule your appointment or book online now.
We’re following all of the CDC guidelines and more. Details of our safety policy will be shared prior to opening.
Thanks for waiting for us and trusting us through this time. Looking forward to serving you!
-Dean and staff
Mar 16, 2020 | Salon News
The health and safety of you, your family, friends, our community and our country are by far our highest concern. We will be closed for two weeks due to the government mandatory guidelines.
We are scheduled to reopen March 31, 2020 unless further notice. All appointments within the 2-week closure period will be automatically canceled, there is no action for you to take. We will contact you before the opening date to reschedule your appointment and make sure you get the time and date you may need for your hair services.
This is a time of great consideration and we at Dean of Shadyside truly want to partner with you and our community to create a safe space for your health and beauty needs.
Thank you and God Bless you and your family.
Dean Panizzi and Team
2020 Celebrating 36 Years February 14th, 1984
Mar 11, 2020 | Salon News
As a valued Guest of Dean of Shadyside Salon, we are incredibly grateful for the trust you place in us to care for and service your family and friend’s hair needs. It is very important for us to share the steps we are taking to protect the health and well-being of Dean of Shadyside guests and staff. Dean of Shadyside and its staff members amid the risk posed by COVID-19 (the new coronavirus).
You, your family and friends are our priority, and nothing is more precious than your health and beauty. We want to make sure you can visit our salon with confidence. We’re sharing our current protocols and what we believe you should do before you visit us, and tips to stay healthy.
What Are We Doing?
As a community centered hair salon, our facility, and equipment is sanitized daily and in between guests visits. We’ve expanded our cleaning and disinfecting practices even further, and we’re also carefully monitoring our inventory and supplies to ensure our team has what they need to continue providing this expert care.
Tips to Stay Healthy
Everyday preventative actions are more important than ever to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying at home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash or coughing/sneezing into your inner arm if a tissue is not available.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Using an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if water are not readily available.
To ensure you have the latest information and guidance, we recommend visiting the CDC’s coronavirus homepage and the World Health Organization website.
It is our privilege to care for you and our community.
Thank you for your continued trust in Dean of Shadyside Salon.
Dean Panizzi and Staff
Dec 18, 2019 | Salon News
Holiday appointments are still available! You can give us a call at 412-621-7900 or click here to get scheduled.
Happy holidays from Dean of Shadyside!
Jun 25, 2019 | Salon News
The most seamless extension application lasts 6-8 weeks while keeping your natural hair in the best condition. Call us at 412-621-7900 to get your complimentary consult booked.